Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Josh's 26th Birthday... in the hospital!

December 20th, 2010


Well, Josh's 26th birthday was a very exciting one this year! He had to go to school in the morning and take a big exam on his birthday, and then we had lunch with Bug, Nell, Arianna and Billy. We headed out from Anthem just in time to make our 3:15 appointment with Dr. Sawyer. When he did the exam, I was 2 cm dilated, 90% effaced and my blood pressure was 150/93. Needless to say, he sent us to Wendy's for a quick milkshake to go, and with doctor's orders in our hands we quickly made our way to OB Triage. I had never heard Dr. Sawyer speak with urgency, so when he did, Josh and I both took notice! After blood work, non-stress tests, a high quality ultrasound, urine samples, and quite a few cervical exams, everything was looking stellar! My blood pressure had come way down and the babies are weighing about 5 1/2 pounds each! Both are head down, ready to go and extremely active with great fluid levels. The nurses and doctor could feel Noah's head and his sac. I was extremely excited, but then got upset when one of the nurses mentioned speaking to the NICU nurse's because the babies might be born so early. (The pregnancy hormones definitely have me on a roller coaster ride.) Josh and I prayed and asked our family and friends to pray for the babies. My sister Lorie said to me, "God's timing is always better than ours. His will is sovereign from beginning to end and He is always focused on our best because we are His beloved children. I love you." Wow, I was so touched and became very calm. Within the hour contractions had slowed, no progress and they sent us home! Can you believe it? I still am in shock about the whole thing. We went from what really felt like true labor to being back at home, resting like nothing even happened!


Two days later, here I am, getting a little stir crazy, but doing great. My husband is so wonderful. He spoke with his contacts at school and has from now until he goes into his next rotation in January to be with me (and the kiddos when they arrive). He has been taking great care of me and keeping me entertained. I love him so! Well, that's the news for now, and in the meantime we will be here waiting, patiently for our sweet bundles of joy. Below is a picture of me in the hospital after the meltdown but feeling more at ease about the situation.


No comments: